I used to think
I was overreacting.
now I realize
it was just a
to an abnormal
Eat food from farmers markets.
Drink good tea each morning.
Read books that make you feel.
Paint, even if you’re awful.
Write, even when you have nothing to say.
Sit in the fresh air outside.
Go on hikes.
Swim in lakes and wade in streams.
Sleep as long as you need.
Work hard at what you love.
Work hard at what you hate.
Love unconditionally and wholeheartedly.
Be a selfish bitch.
Don’t feel bad for going after what you want.
Do that shit on your own fucking terms.
Hold a middle finger up to anyone who puts you down.
Wear what you want.
Do what you want.
Worry about yourself being good before anyone else.
Live life to the fucking fullest.
You run you.
You paint your own damn masterpiece.
Never fucking forget that.
than his heart could hold.
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.
And I learned ‘You deserve better’
was sometimes no more
than a synonym for ‘I don’t want to hurt you,
and I want you to be happy,
but I don’t love you anymore.